Details & Care
To truly understand the delicacy of your cashmere, here are some detailed facts:
- There are about 30 different processes that go into transforming raw fibre into the finished product and about 33 people involved in the manufacturing of a single scarf.
- The production process is cultivated from artisans that have worked to craft it for centuries of innovation.
- Every step from dying, blending, carding, spinning, warping, weaving, knitting, teaseling, cutting and folding all happen in the Johnstons of Elgin mills in Scotland.
- Natural Scottish water is incredibly soft and is used to scour the fabric ensuring that the cashmere is finished with its natural, super-soft state.
How to care for woven cashmere:
- Dry clean for best results.
- Shake and hang cashmere scarves, stoles and throws to remove dust and particles.
- Gently spot clean any marks or stains.
- Air dry damp or spot cleaned woven cashmere products to maintain their shap.