Details & Care
To truly understand the delicacy of your sweater, here are some detailed facts:
- A finished sweater contains approximately 100,000 carefully constructed stitches.
- It can take a knitter up to 60 days to complete an Aran sweater.
- Your sweater contains several combinations of stitches and each stitch carries it's own unique meaning, a historic legacy from the lives of the island community many years ago.
How to care for knitwear:
- As the sweater is made of natural fibre, it is breathable and doesn't require to be washed as often as a cotton or polyester sweater would. Air your sweater frequently, and wash only when necessary. Ideally, it should be hand-washed in luke warm water while gently massaging with a wool detergent, and dried flat.
- Do not ring out the sweater.
- It may be dry-cleaned, but make sure your cleaners check the care labels first.
- DO NOT machine wash your sweater unless it is clearly labeled to do so.
- NEVER put it in the tumble dryer.